Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Kontakt says 'Can't Delete Old Version' but there isn't one - any ideas?  (Read 24238 times)

ulrichburke

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Dear Anyone.

Trying to install Kontakt 6.3 - 32bit, sorry, that's what my VSTs are! - on Windows 10.  It worked like a dream on XP.  Now, it gets nearly to the end and comes up with 'Can't Uninstall Old Version' and won't finish installing - thing IS, there IS no old version.  I had Komplete Start, same company, so I uninstalled that, used CCleaner to clean the registry, restarted PC - same problem.  It thinks there's an old version somewhere and it can't uninstall it.

Anyone got any ideas? One thing that's just occurred to me, might be a red herring, can you INSTALL stuff in emulation mode? If yes, and someone tells me how(!), could I INSTALL it in XP mode because it installed fine on XP.

I know it's 2 different apps in 1 post, which may be frowned on (if it is I'll redo the post, mods!) but I'm having a similar prob. with a legit. Omnisphere.  Again it's 32-bit, it worked fine on XP, it's INSTALLED here (I THINK!) but it's not coming up, it just says it can't find its libraries.  Tried dragging'n'dropping instruments from its libraries onto it, no joy.  There's no way I can see to browse to its libraries on it (never was brilliant at using it) just a big black hole where lists of its libraries used to be in XP!

All clues, no matter how dumbass and obvious they might seem to you intelligent folk, will be welcomed and tried - I'm flat outta ideas. 

Yours puzzledly - maybe the world wasn't ready for my music anyway! -

Chris.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Kontakt says 'Can't Delete Old Version' but there isn't one - any ideas?
    « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 01:21:32 AM »
    There is a "reg tool" from the software vendor here, which might be helpful.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.