Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB memory stick drive  (Read 3781 times)

Tc_99m

USB memory stick drive
« on: February 16, 2006, 03:51:13 PM »
***** PLEASE HELP *****

I have a horrible history of messing around with computers and they never quite work right after me, so i thought i'd ask the advice of people who know what the *censored* is going on before i wade any further into trouble...

i have a sony usb 2 512mb memory stick, it had worked fine for two months...  my partner bought a buffalo 256mb momory stick and when she attaches it i sometimes comes up as an unknown device, sometimes as usb mass storage device, and in the device mamager it says 'working properly' but then when you try to transfer stuff across it doesn't work...  the computer suggested that she should follow the windows xp trouble shoot, so she did and it suggested she uninstalled the driver so she did and then re-attach her stick drive, but the same thing has happened again, and now it won't even recognise mine...  please god help me as i have some uncompleted research in malignant *censored* lesions on there thats i need to access...

thanks for any help we can get...

chris
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:51:48 PM by Tc_99m »

GX1_Man

Re: USB memory stick drive
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »
ummmm, what operating system?  :-?

Tc_99m

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »
win xp...

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
Try those sticks on another machine to see where the problem lies.  ;)

Tc_99m

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 12:45:30 AM »
i now have and they both work on other machines... :'(

its just not fair....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 01:00:56 AM by Tc_99m »