Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Way to find, cut and paste multiple cells in Excel  (Read 22370 times)

JD8745

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Way to find, cut and paste multiple cells in Excel
    « on: February 01, 2022, 09:25:53 AM »
    hey there, I have this job that requires taking in inventory in the following manner and really want to know if there is a better way of doing this.

We take down the product id of each item when loaded at the docks and have to verify what is coming in with a master excel sheet that we have. As each product is 'called' in I enter into my own excel sheet to be verified with the master sheet soon after. It is not done at the same time as it takes too long to find cut paste from Master. Basically moving cells from Worksheet 1 (all items at dock) to Worksheet 2 (in warehouse)

For example, drivers calls in with 10 items, I then manually enter the ID#s of each into excel, I then open up the Master sheet and have to copy value from my list, find in master list, then cut and paste to another tab showing we have it moved. So we then know what is remaining.

I am trying to see if there is a better way as this gets quite repetitive with over 1000 items to account for. I am basically entering into excel, then copy each cell individually, highlight another worksheet to find, cut and paste...on repeat. I dont know if there is way to copy multiple values from one sheet and remove those values from another sheet to another tab?

This sounds confusing as i read it, but hope it makes sense lol

Microsoft® Excel® 2019 MSO (Version 2111 Build 16.0.14701.20254) 64-bit
    Windows 10

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Way to find, cut and paste multiple cells in Excel
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 12:33:16 PM »
    It should be a rather trivial task to be handled by a macro, would need to know the structure of the involved sheets and what exactly needs to be copied over.

Do you know anyone that knows VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) which is the macro language used by MS Office?