Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Signal issue  (Read 19159 times)

kevinroland

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
Signal issue
« on: March 29, 2022, 10:55:30 PM »
I just received a modware kit and thought I would try installing it.  I turned off my computer,  unplugged the power cord,  removed the case,  and installed the fan.  I wanted to see if the fan would work,  but didnt want to reattach the case,  so that if it didn't work,  I could remove the fan.  I plugged the cord back in,  and hit the power switch.  The computer started up and everything worked fine.  I then decided to surf the web,  draw on psp,  just mess around for awhile before I reattached the case.  All of the sudden,  my pc shut off.  I tried to turn it on again,  and when I hit the power switch,  the tower started up and the fan came on,  except for that my monitor and keyboard didnt do anything.  When I hit Caps-lock,  the little light in the corner of the keyboard didn't come on.  I tried hitting Num-lock and Scroll-lock,
but that didn't work either.  I then noticed that the little green light on the tower by the power switch wasn't on.  Neither was the red one.  I then tested the monitor.  I pressed the MENU button on the monitor,  and a window came up saying: "NO SIGNAL".  I have tried unplugging the fan and turning on my computer,  but nothing seems to work.  I may have accidentely unplugged a two pin wire labeled "H.D.D. LED",  while installing the fan,  but I'm not sure.  If that wire has any significance,  then please tell me where it is supposed to be plugged.  I really need my computer back,  so if anyone knows about "NO SIGNAL" then please post a message.  I have already tried the simple solutions,  like making sure all of the plugs are securely in their sockets,  and I believe that it may be something to do with the H.D.D LED.  If anyone can help then GREAT

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Signal issue
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 01:57:44 PM »
No Signal on monitor means that the monitor isnt receiving a video signal from the system. Check video cable.

Front Panel LEDS not lit can be because they are removed from the BergStik pins. To know where they go you either have to look at the silk screen on the motherboard or get the manual for the motherboard which will show placement and polarity. If you plug them in wrong they wont light up when suppose to. A system can run normal with Power LED and HDD LED disconnected.

Inspect all connections to motherboard from power supply, front panel connectors, and to drives. Additionally all add on cards such as a video card need to be installed and seated properly as well as if the video card requires a 12VDC molex connection that this connection is connected to between power supply and video card.

*When you refer to remove the case and re-attach the case... I think your meaning the "cover" or "Side Panel" which is removable. Reading this initially it sounded like you removed all internals from the case and then put them all back in. Re-reading this it seems as you just left the cover or side panel off when testing prior to the mishap of the system misbehaving.

kevinroland

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 01:12:24 AM »
I just received a modware kit and thought I would try installing it.  I turned off my computer,  unplugged the power cord,  removed the case,  and installed the fan.  I wanted to see if the fan would work,  but didnt want to reattach the case,  so that if it didn't work,  I could remove the fan.  I plugged the cord back in,  and hit the power switch.  The computer started up and everything worked fine.  I then decided to surf the web,  draw on psp,  just mess around for awhile before I reattached the case.  All of the sudden,  my pc shut off.  I tried to turn it on again,  and when I hit the power switch,  the tower started up and the fan came on,  except for that my monitor and keyboard didnt do anything.  When I hit Caps-lock,  the little light in the corner of the keyboard didn't come on.  I tried hitting Num-lock and Scroll-lock,
but that didn't work either.  I then noticed that the little green light on the tower by the power switch wasn't on.  Neither was the red one.  I then tested the monitor.  I pressed the MENU button on the monitor,  and a window came up saying: "NO SIGNAL".  I have tried unplugging the fan and turning on my computer,  but nothing seems to work.  I may have accidentely unplugged a two pin wire labeled "H.D.D. LED",  while installing the fan,  but I'm not sure.  If that wire has any significance,  then please tell me where it is supposed to be plugged.  I really need my computer back,  so if anyone knows about "NO SIGNAL" then please post a message.  I have already tried the simple solutions,  like making sure all of the plugs are securely in their sockets,  and I believe that it may be something to do with the H.D.D LED.  If anyone can help then GREAT
My issue got solved thanks for the help...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 07:40:46 AM by patio »

kevinroland

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 12:09:18 AM »
Hi, I again

Why I don't get push notifications for this post?

I am asking this because someone has edit my post and I don't even know about this how?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 06:57:12 AM »
The edit was because i checked the Post for hidden SPAM...

No actual edit took place.

patio.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "