Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Erroneous error message  (Read 21052 times)

signsasigo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Erroneous error message
    « on: June 09, 2022, 09:05:05 AM »
    Perhaps someone here can offer some advice about this.  I have a toshiba laptop, about 5-6 years old.  Given its age I have to baby it somewhat, which isn't that big of a deal because it actually works fairly decent for its age. 

About a month ago, however, it started doing something that is horrifically annoying.  An error message pops up (see attached) saying "Your battery is very low - plug in your PC."  Here's the thing -- the battery doesn't even work.  It's fried, and been fried for at least 2 years.  I have to keep the computer plugged in -- Unplug it and it powers off completely.  I don't care, as I never move it.  This *censored* error just started -- it pops up, and I either hit escape and it goes away, or it disappears itself after a couple seconds -- but it keeps doing it, over and over, every 10 seconds or so for intervals of about an hour at a time.  After about an hour it will stop on its own, for maybe a half hour, and then start up again.  I've already turned off all the warnings about the battery and told it basically to never tell me anything about the battery.  The warning is ridiculous anyways since it's telling me something that makes no sense.

Is this just a consequence of being an old computer and its just time to get a new one, or is there any way to make this stop?