Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Automation in Garageband - Fade in/Out?  (Read 37416 times)

st4pappas452

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Automation in Garageband - Fade in/Out?
    « on: February 16, 2020, 09:02:11 PM »

I am a GB user for a long time now. There was nothing complicated about it apart from figuring out automation. For instance  I want to write automation to a song so that it fades in and out. Is it a real feature in Garageband or I am missing something? Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Automation in Garageband - Fade in/Out?
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 10:50:26 PM »
    How To Fade Out Automatically. 1) To fade out automatically, click the “Mix” option in Garageband’s top toolbar. 2) Click the option “Create Volume Fade Out On Main Output.” This is going to fade out your song automatically without having to do much, however, this doesn’t work if you want to fade your track in,

https://producersociety.com/automation-in-garageband/
    From Bing search.  :)

The is a lot of information. Read over the link and see if that is what you need.

Thishis

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:21:03 PM »
       I tried doing some options and it worked. The main track function will get it done. In the track menu, you will see a “display the main track” option in the list, just click it and a new track will be added. Now, you can create the volume diagram for your track.

Also, I am trying to run Garageband on my friend’s laptop, which unfortunately has windows O.S. Do know anyway it can be used on Windows?

st4pappas452

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:56:48 AM »
        https://producersociety.com/automation-in-garageband/
        From Bing search.  :)

The is a lot of information. Read over the link and see if that is what you need.

Thanks! I will check it out

st4pappas452

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 07:58:59 AM »
          I tried doing some options and it worked. The main track function will get it done. In the track menu, you will see a “display the main track” option in the list, just click it and a new track will be added. Now, you can create the volume diagram for your track.

Also, I am trying to run Garageband on my friend’s laptop, which unfortunately has windows O.S. Do know anyway it can be used on Windows?

Thanks @Thishis , I will try it. I think Virtual box can be used to run garageband for windows pc. I found this guide ( https://thegaragebandpc.com/ ) where complete guide on this is written. Maybe it would be helpful for you. Cheers!

jefjam7812

• Loving fiercely. Stopping along the way to take ph
            « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 05:50:01 AM »
            I think you can easily done this in FL Studio. If you have some problen In Garageband, then I suggest you to shift your project to FL Studio.
            Loving fiercely. Stopping along the way to take photos

st4pappas452

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 10:32:38 AM »
              FL studio solved my problem thanks guys. I made dual monitors setup now for music production and whenever, i use my second screen while making the music the i feel very little lack in between the response i get.

But whenever, i drag and drop it to my original screen, it will work flawlessly. Is using dual monitors reduce the performance? Just curious to know.

Even i found one guide over internet for the same.  https://trustedmonitors.com/do-dual-monitors-reduce-performance/

Right now, I am usin Ryzen 3 processor with 4 GB of ram and 128 GB SSD