Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pentium 4  (Read 2753 times)

kasattack

Topic Starter

Rookie

pentium 4
    « on: February 13, 2006, 07:15:03 AM »
    hello

i have a sony laptop model k215z, this model comes with a 3.06 ghz pentium 4 processor chip, however when i right click on my computer icon to show system properties it shows the proseccor as 1.6ghz with the figure 3.06 next to it.  is this correct? or has my computer been messed about with?
    thanks in advance

T-Chai

Re: pentium 4
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 10:47:17 AM »
    yeah man i got this problem to  :(
    my computer it surpose to be 3.0Ghz but it run at that speed perfectly but in the information box it said my speed was 1.24Ghz i havent bother with it because i thought it was just nothing series.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:31:19 PM »
    hello

i have a sony laptop model k215z, this model comes with a 3.06 ghz pentium 4 processor chip, however when i right click on my computer icon to show system properties it shows the proseccor as 1.6ghz with the figure 3.06 next to it.  is this correct? or has my computer been messed about with?
    thanks in advance
    Does it always show the same speed ratings?  Do you see that regardless of whether the computer is running on battery or plugged in to a wall outlet?  I don't own a laptop but I know some laptops will throttle down at certain times to conserve battery power.  

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 10:33:44 PM »
    yeah man i got this problem to  :(
    my computer it surpose to be 3.0Ghz but it run at that speed perfectly but in the information box it said my speed was 1.24Ghz i havent bother with it because i thought it was just nothing series.
    Are you talking about a laptop or desktop?  If laptop, see my previous post.  If desktop, access your BIOS and see whether it's set at the right settings for CPU/bus/RAM speeds.

T-Chai

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 03:14:32 AM »
    thank for advice i will check
    cpu.......bla..bla

notice i cant be *censored* to type because i got one hand to type while the other hand is doing the feeding work
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 03:16:57 AM by T-Chai »

kasattack

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 05:58:22 AM »
      hi soyabean

well it does sometimes show only the 3.06 ghz, this seems to be when i have a device connected to one of the usb ports.
      thanks

Pavane

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 08:13:27 AM by Pavane »

kasattack

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 05:31:08 AM »
        hello

thanks for all the replies, thanks to pavane for the link.  explains all.

regards kasattack