Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing mouse to make a double click from a single click  (Read 20845 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Changing mouse to make a double click from a single click
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2022, 10:45:44 PM »
When I open up Windows File Explorer, I click on the "View" tab which displays a menu of 6 items:

Toolbar
 Status Bar
 Arrange icons by name
 Arrange icons by size
 Arrange icons by Type
 Refresh

The toolbar has a menu of
 Large Icons
 Small Icons
 Display Text Labels

I do not know what software you are running that you are seeing this in, but it doesn't appear to be File Explorer. Would explain why trying to follow the instructions you found is so hard, but I have no idea what software it could possibly be.

What you've described sounds not of a View "tab" but a View Menu. It most closely matches the contents of said menu in Windows 95, however even that has an Options item in said menu as well as a few other commands.

The toolbar behaviour doesn't match the toolbar behaviour of File/Windows Explorer on any version of Windows.

I feel like a screenshot of what you are looking at could be helpful, if possible. Because what you are describing doesn't make any sense at all. Perhaps you've somehow downloaded a third party "File Explorer" app?

Is what you get by pressing The Windows Key+E different?

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

wolf1728

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Changing mouse to make a double click from a single click
    « Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 06:31:22 PM »
    You asked:
    Would explain why trying to follow the instructions you found is so hard?

I'm using Windows 10
    When I go to use Windows File Explorer, when it gets to the point where it asks for the choice between single click or double click it does NOT have the double click choice!!!!

The double click choice is NOT there.