Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help With Keyboard  (Read 2382 times)

kmg201uk

Help With Keyboard
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »
Hi Everyone,
                  I recently decided to clean my keyboard, on replacing the keys I hit a problem with the space bar key, in which after replacing it only the centre of the space bar key creates a space when pressed, the other sides do nothing, I think I have not replaced the key correctly and i was wondering if any of you have any advice on how I would put it back on the right way, the keyboard is an Advent 3701 if that is any help:exclamation
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 03:43:46 PM by kmg201uk »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Help With Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 06:21:21 PM »
Did you break anything?

Flame

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 02:35:09 AM »
Spacebar keys usually have a long metal bar hinged on the key that has to be correctly inserted into a couple of plastic hooks before you click the key into place.  I suspect that's what you've missed.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

kmg201uk

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 02:58:26 AM »
Hi Again,
            I have not broken anything in the keyboard and I have also found a long metal bar to hinge the key into but it would be helpful if any of you know how to hinge it properly beacause I still am having problems fixing it!!

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 04:01:56 AM »
Every keyboard is different, so without a picture it's pretty hard to help.  But this is usually how it is: the metal bar is connected to the spacebar key.  The bar ends in two hooks that dangle down from the key, if you turn the hinge.

The two hooks fit into two plastic slots on the keyboard base.  Offer up the metal hooks to the plastic hooks, and then ease the spacebar key into place.

If that doesn't do the trick, you're going to have to take some photos.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos