Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: reboot to correct boot device  (Read 1877 times)

oreo

reboot to correct boot device
« on: February 17, 2006, 11:57:49 AM »
amd 64 3200

maxtor 250gb 16cashe 7900rpm

the hdd crashed after I had moved a lcd tv off and replaced it with a samsung monitor that has
worked before

and I changed the resolution too high and it said check signal so I knew I would have to reboot
into safe mode

and would change back the resolution. well tried rebooting and i tried my F8 thats my safe mode
and I ended up at my bios insted which is usealy del buttin!?!

so I went in to bios thinking I did somthing wrong and tried again to reboot and same thing
happend so tried reboot to OS and got reboot to proper boot device

so I knew it was crashed maybe just connect as a slave and get my data from that and reformate
well connected as a slave and it did not show up as a secondary drive

in windows explore

checked bios for settings it recognises in bios

and in computer management and device manager

tried useing the other IDE connection on mother board

and same result

all I want to do is get some mpegs,avi,jpeg and music off of it then reformat then start backing
up everything from now on can you help please?

sea

Re: reboot to correct boot device
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 10:51:25 PM »
had you check you ide cable?

or try fix your hdd at other computer as secondary drive (with a good ide cable and set as slave).

else, your hdd might be corrupt.  

GX1_Man

Re: reboot to correct boot device
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 07:08:11 AM »
amd 64 3200
the hdd crashed after I had moved a lcd tv off and replaced it with a samsung monitor that has
worked before

and I changed the resolution too high and it said check signal so I knew I would have to reboot
into safe mode

and would change back the resolution. well tried rebooting and i tried my F8 thats my safe mode
and I ended up at my bios insted which is usealy del buttin!?!

so I went in to bios thinking I did somthing wrong and tried again to reboot and same thing
happend so tried reboot to OS and got reboot to proper boot device

so I knew it was crashed maybe just connect as a slave and get my data from that and reformate
well connected as a slave and it did not show up as a secondary drive

You have multiple problems. I would put that drive in another machine to try and save the data. Something is wrong with that machine.