Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help - computer suddenly restarts    (Read 2107 times)

baffy11

help - computer suddenly restarts  
« on: February 18, 2006, 10:17:06 AM »
hello all,

my machine is p4 2.8
512 RAM
6600GT AGP
win XP pro

in the last week i noticed that my machine restarts itself randomly
if about hour of work or 16 min of work or even 12 hour witout problem it suddenly restarts itself witout no error messege.

sometimes, after the initial restats it goes into this restart "loop" and doesnt get to the window loading screen, sometimes it even restart for about 5 times at any point during the load up, and sometimes it will run normally, no pattern what so ever (regarding work time, restart time, or times it will get to return to normal)

i dont think it could be overheating because sometimes it didnt restart for about 16 hours and other times, after a night of not working it restarts after 5 min.

also once it restarted while i was looking in the setup(DEL while booting) screen so i dont think it could be driver\software problem cause it sometimes restarts witout even going to windows (boot up "loop" restart")

also i have norton 2005 up to date so i dont know about virus
Edit/Delete Message

Mystik1982

Re: help - computer suddenly restarts  
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:54:53 AM »
You can try this.

1) Right click on my computer
2) Select properties from the list
3) Select the advanced tab on the right
4) Go to the bottom of the window, and under where it says startup and recovery click the settings button
5) Go to the section labeled system failure and uncheck the automatically restart check box

Also check all your cards, ram, etc.  Make sure they are all properly seated.

baffy11

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 11:06:02 AM »
well i already done that
the thing is that the restart doesnt always happen from the windows the initial one does
but then again it can also reboot before even the windows logo apperas at the start

so it doesnt give any massage
also when it reboots from windows itself

and i already checked that everything seats good

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »

baffy11

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 11:21:26 AM »
checked my ram Memtest turend OK
checked my HD dskchk turned OK
all cards rams and pluges seated
latest 6600gt drivers
speed fan temps are ok
never had problems with power so why now
didnt add anything new

norton 2005 scan is OK

what is wrong????

Mystik1982

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 01:29:28 PM »
Try plugging it into a different socket on a different wall.  Preferbly on a different "grid" in your place.  By grid I mean a different area, as in a different fuse area.

You may not be receiving a good power supply from the socket you're plugged into now.  If you can test the socket to see do it.