Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need: optical/wireless mouse install walkthrough  (Read 2443 times)

lr42069

need: optical/wireless mouse install walkthrough
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:49:56 PM »
k i have this fellowes cordless-optical rechargeable mouse...i got a disc to install it... thers a slot in the charger for batteries but its supposed to plug into the computer....the whole thing is really confusing to me...help please????    

OK, it comes with a disk...i tried installing it and uninstalling my other mouse.....but still the other mouse works and my new one doesnt.???   its a fellowes cordless optical/rechargeable mouse....#861516 i think.....it has a button on bottom of mouse...then it says click the button on the charger and then set the channel with the little button underneath the mouse...and to verify the channel click the left or right mouse buttons....ive tried this a few times and nothing ever happens. if i go into my mouse setttings in control panel it says its working properly but it refers to it in there as HID compliant mouse w/e that means....but ok, under that it says location: 0 and even tho i uninstalled the driver for the other mouse or w/e it still works...but wont move sideways...*censored* i badly need this new mouse to work..help please lol and yes it has a usb hookup...is there a certain slot in the back of my computer i should put it in?? cuz it shows to have 2 or 3 hookups i think.....but yeah its usb..very confusing i think.....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 09:18:51 AM by lr42069 »

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: need: optical/wireless mouse install walkthrou
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:20:11 AM »
Does the charger have a USB plug on it?  Put it in a USB port then...

Otherwise, post the model number of the kit and we may be able to look it up for you and provide more detailed help.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

GX1_Man

Re: need: optical/wireless mouse install walkthrou
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 05:01:34 AM »
Did it not come with instructions? Did you checkthe manufacturer's web site? How did we get to this point?