Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Can not run Security Check

<< < (2/2)

jklangen:
The pinned post in Computer Hope's Computer viruses titled "Important: Read this before requesting malware removal help' lists Security Check as the last app to run.  I see this post was last updated Nov 17, 2016.  I have been coming here for years to check my PC and have sent the link to many people to help get rid of stuff.  Would be nice to see it updated.

Replying to another post on this thread, I only have Windows defender on my desktop.  I had issues with Windows security, Norton and Malwarebytes all running so after some research stopped using Nortons and Malwarbytes.

I came here because of an issue that got me worried after a google search said my browser may be hacked.  I have Chrome as my default browser and Google as my default search engine.  Clicking on a url link opens in Bing.  I have removed and reinstalled Chrome and repaired Bing but no fix.  Not a huge problem except for the concern about being hacked.

FYI, I was in IT for 25 years so not a complete rookie although I have not been active on this site.

Regards,
Jim

SuperDave:
I have updated that information. Windows Defender is all the protection that you will need. Be careful that you only have active AV on your computer at any time.

jklangen:
Great.  This is a very useful site for getting rid of nastiness!

Regards,
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version