Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Can not run Security Check

(1/2) > >>

jklangen:
I have run your virus scans many times.  I recently had issues with Malware bytes crashing my system.  Today I got through that step but when downloading Security Check, Windows tells me that "the file is corrupted and unreadable"

Is it me or them?

Regards,
Jim

SuperDave:
Please send me the link to Security Check in a pm and I will test it.

jklangen:
I could not figure out how to do a private message.

Here is the link in the post on Computer Hope under Computer viruses and spware titled Computer Hope Virus and Spyware section Guidelines:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Here is the message I get when trying to open the download:

Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
SecurityCheck (4).exe
Publisher: 
Unknown publisher

Here is what I get when I try to Run anway:

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

I was able to run CC Cleaner and Maware Bytes.

Thanks for taking a look.

Regards,
Jim

SuperDave:
Security Check is an old app. I stopped using it years ago. Basically, it just tells what protection you have on your computer. What are you using for Anti-virus?

Lisa_maree:
Hi

The program you linked stopped being supported at Windows 7. Later versions of Windows 10 or 11  see  the program  as a security threat and stop the program from installing.
Windows 10 and 11 have "windows security " which does the same job. So perhaps check using this.
Be Careful loading more than 1 security tool as this can cause windows to not start or run very slow.
If you want to check with multiple security tools then either use there portable versions. Or uninstall each when  you finish reboot and install others. But always only 1 at a time !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version