Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win 11 Power button disappearance  (Read 8954 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Win 11 Power button disappearance
    « on: March 04, 2024, 06:48:29 AM »
    After upgrading from win 10 to 11, I had no problem of getting to my Power button to turn off my laptop. Recently, its not there anymore. Googling told me on how to get it back which was useless. First they said it was initially at the left bottom corner and then moved to the right side, where i did see it there and used it. now, its no where in sight which makes it a nuisance on shutting down my Dell laptop. There was one suggestion by research that said to press on the windows or startup key, which did not work for me. Why does win 11 create such bugs?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Win 11 Power button disappearance
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 07:45:33 AM »
    I'm not sure what you mean by the "power button", but okay. If you want to make Windows 11 Start Button look and act as it did in Windows 10 (left side, etc), use Explorer Patcher. You can also install Open Shell Menu to completely customize the start button. I use both on all of my Windows 11 systems.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Win 11 Power button disappearance
    « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 01:16:44 PM »
    Hi

Here is a YouTube video of where the power button is in windows 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEklCJqxJR0

Please copy the link to your browser address bar to view.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan