Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error messages  (Read 5875 times)

jogee

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • Just Do It
    • Experience: Beginner
    error messages
    « on: April 18, 2024, 09:27:58 AM »
    Not sure where to post this issue. I am getting different messages of bad image and installation issues. I have tried all kinds of suggestions, but none have worked. The scannow only goes to 10% and resource operation could not be done. Windows came preinstalled so I have no original disk and no restore points. I am able to download but not install anything. Many programs do not work, including the printer and I cannot update anything.
    One of the errors I think is causing the problem is the system32ntmarta.dll. The only recent win update was about 4-5 days before this started so I'm not sure if this could be a problem. I don't want to make things worse so I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: error messages
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 11:15:13 PM »
    Hi

I suspect you have a hardware issue like faulty memory or a failing hard drive. Did the computer come with any diagnostic tools built in? Most Dell or HP's do. If so i would run the diagnostics and see if anything is failing.

If you can still run programs i.e windows is still starting you could run speccy and publish a report coping the url link to a post here.
    Or some hardware details would also help   
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: error messages
    « Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 12:19:49 PM »
    Jogee, are your personal files backed up?

If they are then I would suggest trying a fresh installation of Windows.
    If they aren't backed up then I would suggest trying a repair installation of Windows.

P.S. - LM, he can download but not install.
    Evil is an exact science.