Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: issue with account  (Read 1846 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    issue with account
    « on: February 22, 2006, 05:24:26 PM »
    Hi,

I've got a problem with the new laptop, HP one. It's got windows XP Pro on it.

The problem is

since it's a new laptop, i was transferring all the documents/files from my old laptop to it. I have set up accounts for outlook and transfered all the emails to the outlook. I checked and all the emails were there. All seem to be good. Then, i realised that it's the administrator account not my account. So i went to create a new account with administrator permission. Once that's done, i restarted the computer. After that, i noticed that i was logged in straight into the windows desktop.

I took a look at windows explorer and found that under C drive, there is administrator folder and my folder is there too. But when i tried to look for all the documents and files that i just copied last night are not in my folder. They were in the administrator folder. Then, l tried to open up the outlook, no accounts whatsoever was found there. I wonder if everything that i did is still there.

I don't mind copying or transferring the documents from the administrator to my folder. But my question is why am i getting the administrator folder. Where would it possibly be for all the outlook files i just copied?

Thank you in advance

Backdated

Re: issue with account
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 02:09:26 PM »
    See this thread with regard to taking ownership. Otherwise, boot to Safe Mode and log in as administrator.