Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mp3 Player into a drive.  (Read 5408 times)

cheese135

Mp3 Player into a drive.
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:37:52 PM »
The I plug my Philips Gogear mp3 player into the computer it finds it and I can look at the songs I have on it, delete songs, and put songs on it. I just can't edit anything. I know it is possible to do because on my other computer it works. On my other computer it finds it as a disk drive. (Drive E I think.) Then i'm able to edit song names and play the songs strait off of it and onto my computer. The model number is a  SA178/07. If you need to more info just reply back. Thanks.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Mp3 Player into a drive.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:11:45 PM »
Do you have the most recent drivers installed on both machines? On the one computer that will not work properly, can you see the MP3 Player as a disk drive? How doy uo find it on that computer?

Flame

cheese135

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
Well on the computer it DOES work on, is a newer computer and it is a laptop. I think it might be 2003 or so. The computer that it does not work on is a year 2000 and it isn't a laptop. I'm really not sure if I have the newest drivers installed but when I plug it in the USB port on the computer is does work on, I can click on My Computer > then the E drive, or removable drive. On the computer that is doesn't work on I can get to it two ways. I can get to it by going to My Computer > then it shows it there with a little icon that looks like I Mp3 player. The other way I can get to it is by going to Control Panel > Portable Media Devices > then it shows up there withthe same MP3 player icon next to it. It just doesn't let me edit anything or listen to the songs without copying it to my computer first. If there is anyway to update my driver that would be great! If you think im just stuck, im saving up for a new computer anyways so I can just wait. Thanks.

~Chase

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »
On the computer this is not working on, I want you to right-click on the little MP3 Player icon, and click on Properties. Look for anything about enable as disk, or something along those lines... I've never used an MP3 Player in My Computer before. I'll try this on my ipod tomorrow if I can. Check your manufacturer's website for player updates.

Flame

cheese135

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:31:01 PM »
Ok. I will do that. Thanks for you help. I remember when I was on the computer it did work on, I could right click on that and enable it as a Portable Media Device so there must be a way to change it to a disk drive on the computer it doesn't work on.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 07:33:13 PM »
Exactly. Try it and get back with me. I'll be back online tomorrow.  ;)

Flame

cheese135

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 07:34:44 PM »
Uh oh. It looks like when I right click on it I only have the options of Open, Explore, and Format. :-/

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 07:37:38 PM »
Update the drivers and check the FAQs from the player manufacturer's website.

Flame

cheese135

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 07:42:27 PM »
Alright i'll reply if I find anything interesting to even if I resolve the problem. Oh and one more thing that might help is, when I was in the process of updating my MP3 Player, one of those boxes pop up that ask you what you want to do. Example: Open folder to view files, play in media player, etc. Anyways, it let me edit, listen to music, and it found it as a disk drive. I never understood why it did that. When I unplugged it, then plugged it back in, it was back to the normal thing. When that happened, was when I decided to make this topic. I thought that might be good to know.