Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS FrontPage  (Read 3056 times)

Ryan10

MS FrontPage
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »
When clicking on "Open File" in FrontPage (FP 2002), why does it default to a web folder (folder icon with the little world image on it) rather than the folder I have been working with? Do web folders take precedence over normal folders and what makes a folder a web folder when many other folders have HTML pages in them?

Thanks folks.

T-Chai

Re: MS FrontPage
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:19:12 AM »
Yeah it does this anyway
You better of opening a file first instead of opening the application and open file.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:06:16 AM »
I used FrontPage 2000 extensively in the past but have not used it much for the last year or so and have forgotten some of it's features.  If you right click on a normal folder in FrontPage, you'll probably see an option to "Convert to web" and, conversely, if you right click on a web folder, you'll probably have an option to convert to (regular) folder.  

Again, I don't recall the significance of this.  But, surely, it is significant or the feature would not exist.  My guess is that's it may not be significant when you're simply working on html files in FrontPage, but it may be significant when you publish your pages to host server, and perhaps even when viewing the pages on your own computer via your browser.  

An good place to get some expert advice on FrontPage is a newsgroup, such as microsoft.public.frontpage.client.  You can use Outlook Express as a newsgroup reader.  And, check out the FrontPage Users Forums.  

Ryan10

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »
Hey thanks "soybean". I think you may be on the right track but I'll do as you say and join up with that FrontPage forum.

As to the significance of the feature, well it's Microsoft and anything Microsoft deemed "significant" has to be huh?

Thanks again.