Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to System Restore when I can't use "run" box  (Read 2241 times)

jbean

How to System Restore when I can't use "run" box
« on: February 25, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »
Major problems with my computer form who knows what. How can I run System Restore when no matter what the Start>Run will not work. When I click go (for ANYTHING a CD, a command...) I get this "The file does not have a program associated with it. Create an association in the Folders Option control panel."

I have XP and a laundry list of problems that I have not yet determined the cause of.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:51:53 PM by jbean »

jbean

Re: How to System Restore when I can't use "run" b
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 01:52:45 PM »
Ok, thanks. Can you tell I am new to all this?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 02:38:02 PM »
jbean, exactly what are you typing in the Run box when you try to use System Restore?  You should be able to start System Restore two ways.  One is from Start, Run; type msconfig in the Run box, then click on the button named "Launch System Restore".  The other way is from Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 02:44:25 PM »
    If all of the above, including me, deleted our posts we could stop this before it gets out of hand.
    I'll delete last.

Edit: Thanks Backdated, now all we need to do is bring the 2 beans up to speed.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 04:00:07 PM by Fed »