Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Default New Window Size  (Read 3285 times)

ernestbd

Default New Window Size
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:45:46 AM »
Okay, so this might be a softball, but how do you change the default size of a new window (cntrl-n) in Win 98 IE 6.0? Mine recently changed (by itself??) to annoyingly small.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Default New Window Size
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 02:58:19 AM »
See >this thread<.

Any mod want to shift that thread into Q&A (or provide another answer there)?  It's been asked at least three times in the couple of weeks I've been here.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 03:14:05 PM »
    You can write it clearly step by step and post yourself. Then mods may edit/or not it and lock it. Anybody is allowed to post now.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:15:02 PM by peccavi »
    Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »
    Close all other windows and open a new IE window. Manually drag the new window until it's the size and position that you want it. Now hold down the Control key and left click on the small Explorer icon on the left hand side of the title bar. Select close from the drop down menu.

Internet Explorer opens differently according to where it's launched from. The above applies to a newly opened window. If the same problem occurs when a browser window is launched from another browser window, close the original window(s) and follow the instructions above.