Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deleted soundmax  (Read 7085 times)

Anne Shen

deleted soundmax
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:57:05 AM »
Okay, I was trying to clean up my computer by removing things that I didn't think I need. I deleted SoundMAX without knowing that when I did, I wouldn't be able to play music. I've been trying to download SoundMAX but there would always be a message saying that I was missing a component, what should I do?

Raptor

Re: deleted soundmax
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 12:21:34 PM »
Fully remove all Soundmax related software. Reinstall the drivers from the driver CD and then look for updates.

Or contact Soundmax technical support if it still provides you with the same error. Tell them the exact name of your soundcard and tell them you wish to install drivers.

I take it Soundmax are the drivers for your soundcard, and not a program to play music?

Anne Shen

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 12:24:58 PM »
I went to add/remove software and removed it. I don't know where the CD is so I can't do the first option.

Where do you find the name of the soundcard??

And yes it's not the program to play but is the driver.

Anne Shen

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 12:26:36 PM »
I'm really sorry if I'm confusing you, but I'm only 15 and trying yo fix it so my dad won't get mad.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 12:43:28 PM »
what operrating system are you having problems with...msinfo32 in the run box it will list all of the pc system...

Anne

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 12:48:54 PM »
Windows XP I dont know what the msinfo is

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 01:01:35 PM »
Go to Start -> Run and type MSINFO32

You can find the name of your soundcard by going to Device Manager and search for Audio & Game controller and then double click to expand the menu.

You can also open the case to see if there is a name printed on the soundcard.

I suggest you check with Windows Update to see if there are audio drivers listed with the driver section.

Anne

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 01:20:50 PM »
Okay im on the msinfo thing there isnt a thing that says game and audio controller so i went to control panel and opened that and clicked sounds and audio devices now Im a bit lost

Anne

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 01:28:16 PM »
I'm just going to give up and ask my dad to get a computer guy to come and fix it or something. I'm too confused sorry for wasting your time

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 02:29:18 PM »
It is a problem that can be easily solved once you have obtained the name.

Cheaper, too.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 02:29:30 PM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 03:43:29 PM »
try and use system restore...to get your sound driver back....or have a look by exploring the cd-install /recovery disk  for audio drivers or in the run box type this command dxdiag...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 03:45:12 PM by merlin_2 »