Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound and cd-rom drivers wont install  (Read 8386 times)

aclambert

sound and cd-rom drivers wont install
« on: February 25, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »
I ran spyware (ewido, Microsoft messenger, spybot, spyware, ad-aware and ccleaner) and found passe partout.exe and trojan diamin.t.  I removed them but my sound and cd drivers are somehow corrupted and wont reinstall.  Sometimes I just get error 39 message and sometimes the system crashes.  I have a dell dimension 4600c windows xp

Backdated

Re: sound and cd-rom drivers wont install
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 08:05:34 AM »
Open Device Manager and uninstall the existing device drivers. Reboot and Windows should start the "Found New Hardware" wizard. Point it to your new drivers.

aclambert

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 02:31:16 PM »
Yes - i have done that.  I get an error Code 39 message that a driver is corrupted.  The Catch-22 is I can't put my drivers back in because my cd doesn't work.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 02:48:17 PM »
Can you just download them? A CDROM doesn't really have drivers beyond what Windows uses. Did you try the Windows update site for a source?

aclambert

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »
I can't see to find the right ones.  I have a soundMax sound card and when I try to download I get an error message.  Then when I restart I am told there is an "IO" error and a little box appears  "No ADI codec driver is installed"

Backdated

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 04:41:55 PM »
Can you remove them in Safe Mode?

aclambert

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »
Oh yes.  I have removed them and tried to re-install them in safe and regular mode.  I get Soundmax installation audio driver failed message - I get "No AD1(or I) codec driver is installed message" and I just noticed my plug and play software is messed up

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 05:37:23 PM »
and I just noticed my plug and play software is messed up

What software? How do you know? Error messages?

Backdated