Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Telxon running Dos 3.21  (Read 3763 times)

fcschmidt

Telxon running Dos 3.21
« on: August 16, 2004, 01:36:45 PM »
Hello.  My company is using Telxon PTC-710s running Dos 3.21 with a proprietary clipper order entry program.  

Anyway, one of our users wants the volume increased, so that when she scans an item, she can hear the little click beep sound.  

I know its possible to change the speaker volume on this thing... we were able to do it in a previous version of the software... I was just wondering if there was a DOS command that could do this possibly, or if it was purely a clipper function.  Unfortunately, the person who wrote this software left a few years ago, so I'm left trying to support these things not knowing anything  :)

Thanks for your help.

Fred

MalikTous

Re: Telxon running Dos 3.21
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 06:09:53 PM »
The PC Speaker offers no support of volume control in DOS and minimal (PCSpeaker WAV Player) in Windows. Get small 3 or 4 cell audio amplifiers that you can get away with running on the system 5v bus (or 12v bus if they're 8 cell amps) and connect them to the PC speaker output and add a volume control. You can either get these as little add-on amps for Walkman/Discman portable players, or as IC projects from Radio Shark or similar electronics stores.