Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: compaq presario 2700t  (Read 2306 times)

racealoot

compaq presario 2700t
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:07:35 AM »
Hi i have a qustion about the laptop on the subject. I have been working on this laptop for about 2 weeks now. and i have ran out of ideas that might be wrong with it.

So far i have replaced the systemboard memeory , ac adapter, CPU, and i still cant get it to say on.

These are the symptoms....

As soon as i start it up it turns off, does not give any post screen or anything. Also one of my friend techs that i have told me that i should be able to disconnect everything off the motherboard, and just have the cpu fan connected and it should stay on. I did this and it also shuts off after like 10 secs of it being on. Anyone have any ideas tehy can throw my way??

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: compaq presario 2700t
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:22:58 PM »
Do you have virus protection? When did this start? Have you made any changes to this system recently?

Flame

racealoot

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 05:08:37 PM »
yes i do have viruns protection on it. Also i dont think that would make a difference, cause i dont even get to the post screen before it shuts off. It started doingthis about 3 months ago then i just put it aside and recently i stated up on it agian. at first it would stay ona while then less and less, until now i dont even get to the post screen.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 05:10:14 PM »
It still could be a virus. You never know. I'm going to ask if you've made any changes to the system recently?

Flame

racealoot

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:20:16 AM »
revently yes i replaced the motherboard pcu memory and the ac adapter.

Before this started happenning no i didnt.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »
Why did you replace these parts?

Flame

Backdated

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »
It could be virtually anything that's left in the case if an external keyboard and monitor etc has been tried. The chief suspect is the graphics adapter followed by the motherboard itself.
Before condemning it, check for any shorts etc and ensure that you have reset the BIOS to it's failsafe defaults.