Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Task Scheduling  (Read 2536 times)

Valerie

Task Scheduling
« on: February 27, 2006, 06:15:36 PM »
I know XP has the inbuilt Task Scheduler but I'm looking at Winat from the MS Resource Kit.

Would someone who has used it please comment on the ease of use etc..

Thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Task Scheduling
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:07:24 PM »
     Valerie....  Just out of curiousity , what is it your trying to schedule that XP's scheduler wont do ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:43:32 AM »
    WinAT is not as easy to use as the Task Scheduler - that's one of the reasons why MS introduced the Task Scheduler.  It also has less features.  That said, the Task Scheduler is not that great either, when you compare it for example with cron on Unix/Linux systems...  Commercial crons are available for Windows, but I've yet to stumble across a free one.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Valerie

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »
    Valerie....  Just out of curiousity , what is it your trying to schedule that XP's scheduler wont do ?

dl65 . Thanks for your query.  Am not trying to use XP's Task Scheduler at all.  I read about the Ms Resource Kit and decided to download and investigate, just for the heck of it.  Winat stood out as one which might come in useful so, before launching, I just wanted opinions from users past & present.  Seems I'm several years too late with this one.

robpomeroy. Thank you for your opinions and enlightenment.

V...