Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Signature with images  (Read 2253 times)

lsoul

Outlook Signature with images
« on: March 02, 2006, 08:32:51 AM »
Seems I have an endless stream of computer software queries, but hopefully as I get solutions they will be of value to others reading the forum. I have been inserting various signatures in my e-mails. Included in these would typically be two images - one being a logo and the other an image depicting products. I made these signatures in outlook 2003 SP2. I was just made aware by my ISP that the images get seen by no one, even though they are visible in my e-mails as they are sent out, because the images are only stored locally on my computer. They say there needs to be a web based link in order for them to display on recipient computers. Is this correct? If so, how do I integrate the link?

Backdated

Re: Outlook Signature with images
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 09:45:08 AM »
Slipstick should have all the info you need.

lsoul

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 10:13:43 AM »
Thanks for the link. I don't see anything that specifically addresses this issue. Any other suggestions? Anyone know how to to make an "enter" symbol for word? I want to do a search and replace to replace a list of e-mail addresses that have quotation marks followed by a semi colon and a space, to replace with no quotation marks, no space or semi-colon, just an enter so each is on its own line?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:21:49 AM »
The Character Map utility in Win XP has an Enter symbol.  The Character Map is found via Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools.  Once you open the Character Map, select the Wingdings 3 "Font".   In my system, the Enter symbol is on the second row, 4th from the left.  

This will get you the symbol to copy into to Word.  However, I get the impression you think using the replace command as you mentioned will actually have the same effect as hitting the Enter key.  I haven't tried this, but I doubt very much that it's going the work that way.  All this going to do is exactly the Replace command is normally used for; it's going to replace whatever you specify to be replaced, but that's all.  In other words, just using the Enter symbol in your Replace command is not going to execute the Enter key at those points.