Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot Send Links or photos from File Menu  (Read 2082 times)

Highcen

Cannot Send Links or photos from File Menu
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:07:17 PM »
I have a home built computer.. Liteon case.. Gigabyte Socket 939 MB Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
I GB of DDR 3200  EVGA MX 440 AGP card 64 MB   Two Maxtor Diamond Max 10 200 GB Harddrives IDE  400 Watt Power Supply  Sony DVD drive  Liteon DVD dual Format DVD RW drive.  Yamaha speakers.. on board sound.  DSL 5 Mb intenet connection through Sprint/Earthlink.  Norton System Works 2006   Microsoft Anti-Spyware.. Spybot   AdAware SE

Windows XP Professional SP 2 OS

My problem is that all of a sudden I can not use the send to feature under FILE in Intenet Explorer to send a link or webpage.   I cannot use the send feature in MY Pictures that enable an automatic resizing to a sendable size of a large size photo.   I cannot send anything from Picasa 2.   :(

I get a message .. The operation cannot be completed because of network or connection problems.  Please check your connections.  
I do not want to have to do a reinstall of Windows because of all the other programs that I have on this computer..  Can anybody help

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Cannot Send Links or photos from File Menu
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 07:38:13 PM »
    Highcen....Have you made any changes to anything , updated anything , downloaded anything which may have effected the ability to send .......
    Are you able to add links to a Email and attach pics ok to a Email ?
    Have you been visited by a trojan or a virus ?
    If your system is bug free ....have you tried system restore to back to when those features did work?
    Have you checked your event viewer to see if anything shows up in there ?

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:16:20 AM »
       Highcen..... To check your event viewer ...... click START/ CONTROL PANEL / ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS / EVENT VIEWER ....... Have a look back to the approx date and time you first noticed the issue and see if anything shows up .

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 07:03:27 AM »
      This registry edit should restore the context menu entry and operation for SendTo:

Code: [Select]
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
      @="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

Highcen

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 07:33:08 PM »
      Thanks for the offers of help.. I am going to try and do what was said.

I could not check the event log.. when I open Control panel and select certain of the categories the program locks up... I have to use Task Manager to close the open and frozen windows.
      My son did a search and came up with a partial solution.   Use Mozilla Firebird as my default email.  The send to and picture emailing features work in that program.. Hmmm...

Thanks again to all who were trying to help.