Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fumble Fingers  (Read 2513 times)

James2

Fumble Fingers
« on: March 05, 2006, 09:23:23 PM »
Evening,
 Hope someone here can help. Is it possible to replace a broken clip on a slot for the ram chip? Or am I up the creek??

GX1_Man

Re: Fumble Fingers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:02:35 AM »
The clip only is broken or the socket itself? I have seen some computers do fine with only the clip missing, because the other mechanism is intact. Does your's function correctly? Replacing just the clip would be tedious and I have not seen success with this.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 04:03:09 AM by GX1_Man »

James2

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 06:18:11 AM »
It's just the clip itself, but I don't belive the chip will stay tight enough with just one, I will check it & get back!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »
I've had several pass through my hands with broken clips that still hold the RAM snug enough and work just fine. All may not be lost.  ;)

James2

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »
Sorry I've been so long getting back & thanks for the replies! It seems to be holding good enough with one clip which is great! Thanks Again!

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 09:10:25 PM »
I figured it would work just fine. That has certainly been my experience. I had one board with NO clips that performed well., but it was a desktop, so the motherboard layed flat.

Come back if you have other issues or just want to help.  ;)