Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Loading Access Denied  (Read 35511 times)

mistybear

Re: Error Loading Access Denied
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2006, 07:09:17 PM »
I don't understand the last part. "now remove the .txt extension and OK it"

Backdated

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2006, 07:15:50 PM »
Look at the picture I upped and ensure that everything is set just like it. (Except the colour scheme ;D).
Where it says just hosts in my picture, you should have hosts.txt. Just delete the .txt bit.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:17:59 PM by Backdated »

mistybear

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2006, 07:26:25 PM »
I don't have that open anymore, and the D/L has happened and that's all I have open.
Save

OK problem; When I was typing what the D/L said I clicked back to this and now the D/L has gone and I don't how to find it.

Backdated

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2006, 07:32:52 PM »
Just right click the link again. You've already done all the hard work and this bit is simplicity itself.

mistybear

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2006, 07:40:22 PM »
It was highlighted hosts. I clicked save and it came up;
Save as c:/windows hoststxt. already exists
Do you want to replace it
Yes    No

Backdated

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2006, 07:57:09 PM »
It's not that important so let's forget it.

Now don't take this the wrong way but you could really do with learning some basic computer skills. Don't worry, you're far from alone in this.
Is there a local community centre or library where classes are run perhaps?
If you can find a suitable course you certainly won't regret it. It will really enhance your computing experience and you'll get far more enjoyment from your computer.

mistybear

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2006, 07:59:58 PM »
Thanks for your help.
At least the computer is running again and I have learn a few things along the way.

mistybear

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2006, 12:00:55 AM »
I'm still having a problem with this computer and the internet.
I posted on another forum that specializes in the the other computer but the problem is this computer.

Packard Bell Force 4146: Windows 98', IE6
Connected to the internet via a D-Link ADSL Modem USB Port, Other computer Medion 8383XL Windows XP connect to the same Modem via the Ethernet Port.

Both computers worked independently of each other on the internet and off.
But after the Restore of the P.B. had problems working independently of each other. One required the other to be on, to access the internet. After following steps 1 to 6 on Article 181599 How to Remove and Reinstall Dial-Up Networking and TCP/IP Files. I can now access the internet without the other computer, but it won't fully boot up without the Modem being connected.
It gets as far as the Desktop Background and then comes up with:
Windows
A fatal Error OE  0028: 00000009
The current application will be terminated
Press any key to Terminate the current application
Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart computer.

And thats as far as it will let me go until the Modem is turned on.
Why does it need the Modem to boot up fully?  :-?

Backdated

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2006, 03:25:01 AM »
On a hardware level this error is related to faulty RAM or graphics card. On a software level it's generally an indication of out of date or erroneously installed drivers.

When you mentioned your modem before, I'm pretty sure you said it was something other than a D-Link.

mistybear

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2006, 03:29:37 AM »

The Modem we are using is a D-Link DSL-302.

KJD

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2006, 05:05:29 AM »
Wow, I'm exhausted just reading this. This would make a good episode for an IT soap opera.  :)

mistybear

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:21 PM »
After putting in the effort to read it, you could at least offer a solution, rather than sarcasm.

KJD

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2006, 03:48:13 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic - I'm not very good with computers myself. I was reading it to learn, so believe me you don't want me offering any suggestions. :)

mistybear

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2006, 03:53:04 AM »
If you have learnt something from it let me know, I'm still scratching my head.
And I'm sure you know a lot more than me.

Backdated

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
As I told you before Misty, that "modem" is in fact, a fully fledged modem/router.
All this running around between computers with CDRs and removable drives was a complete waste of time. You could have set up a basic network between the 2 computers and transferred all the files you ever needed over that network without even moving from your computer.

Having said that, all the reports seem to suggest that your modem/router is possibly the worst piece of hardware available anywhere in the Southern hemisphere. It seems it's so bad that D-Link no longer acknowledge the fact that it ever existed.
You'll need to find out more about the protocols etc used by your ISP but an outfit called TPG Internet has an easy to follow but detailed enough guide to setting up the 302 for it's access.
Your settings should be very similar - It may well be that the only difference will be in user/pass combination.