Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: a aInternet Router  (Read 5671 times)

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    a aInternet Router
    « on: March 07, 2006, 07:02:38 AM »
    Window XP and Windows 98

I'm ready to buy a wireless router.  In your opinion, which are some of the best wireless routers available?  I don't know much about routers as yet, therefore, my question.  Thanks.   :-?

Xeratul

• 100,000th poster

• Hopeful
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: a aInternet Router
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 07:38:55 AM »
    Well, I'm using a Linksys wireless WRT54G. I haven't had any problems with it.
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:40:35 AM by Wraith112 »

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 02:56:04 PM »
    Linksys, D-Link and Netgear all make good stuff, and they are easy to find. Stay away from "Bob's Router" or unknown brands.

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »
    It really depends on the type of internet connection that you have. A cable router is not the same as a DSL router for example.

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 07:25:12 AM »
      Thanks a lot for the useful info.  My connection is with cable.

Backdated

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 11:41:44 AM »
      Speak to your intended ISP and see what they recommend. Then visit somewhere like [highlight]DSLReports[/highlight] (USA) or [highlight]ADSLguide[/highlight] (UK) and ask what others are using.

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 04:14:51 PM »
      don't get a US Robotics router. i hv one and its wireless keeps dying and you have to turn it off for 5 minutes to make it work again but the wired seems to work fine. also sometimes in the middle of the day it would just restart. >:( >:( >:( its a real pain in the A*S

Backdated

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 03:29:33 PM »
      There is a known issue with some USR wireless routers, whereby the PSU emits EMR at frequencies and power levels that are more than enough to disrupt it's own wireless transmissions.