Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no oprations system  (Read 4715 times)

feelthelove

no oprations system
« on: March 07, 2006, 02:11:53 PM »
ok i have an alienware laptop.that i got as a gift one day some one took my hard drive out of the system. now that i got them back it keep saying that i have no operations system. i have try to put in the xp os disk to see if it can boot back to the hard drive but no luck. yes i try to call alienware but i'm not the person who pay for the system. they don't help you unless you are the owner who pay for it from them.

GX1_Man

Re: no oprations system
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 02:51:13 PM »
If it is seen in the BIOS just boot with the CD in the drive and reinstall Windows. If it is not seen in the BIOS, you may have a bad hard disk.

feelthelove

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »
thank you for your help. can I ask you some thing? ok i was told that if you lost the password to the window start up page when the laptop first start up you can take ou the battier and that will clear the problem. so i did that now it say no opertion system i think that the hard drive are bad any way but can it be that the cmos was mess up by taking out the battier

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »
A laptop password is different than a desktop. With an IBM ThinkPad for instance you have to replace the motherboard. Just pulling a battery is not enough. You must be careful with BIOS passwords!!!  ;)

If you are talking about a WIndows password that is not impossible but can be tricky. If it's your laptop you have the password for that, right?

feelthelove

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:10:16 PM »
sorry it is my laptop but someone was trying to help me so that person put some password on it now they are saying that can't remember whaqt *censored* happend. so i did take out tha cmos battie i guest i just mess that up more. cause now it's saying no opration system now

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 04:15:54 PM »
Cut your losses now. Format the drive and start over, and get a different friend.

Backdated

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »
sorry it is my laptop but someone was trying to help me so that person put some password on it now they are saying that can't remember whaqt *censored* happend. so i did take out tha cmos battie i guest i just mess that up more. cause now it's saying no opration system now

Before any more help can be offered, please provide the serial number etc so that it can be checked against the stolen computer register.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »
Where is this database located?

Flame

Backdated

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 05:46:09 PM »
There are several databases dependent on location and a Google for "stolen computer database <enter your location here>" or similar should find one that's relevant to your country/location.
One such database is http://www.stolencomputers.org/home.html

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 06:09:44 PM »
Wow I didn't know such a place existed!  :o  ;D

Flame

feelthelove

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 06:40:10 PM »
thank you for that information. but if it is can i still keep it and fix it so i can use again.you guys are great thank you again.

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:44:58 PM »
You said you got it as a gift? Hmmmm.  :-?

Sure, go ahead and post that number.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 06:45:28 PM by GX1_Man »

feelthelove

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »
ok i will check it myself thank you. a gift is a gift. :-/ :-/ :-?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 06:50:30 PM »
That's true, but we'll need more than that to be sure. Bring us some results, and we would be happy to help you further.

Flame

feelthelove

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 07:09:59 PM »
i just like to know why you need to know if it's. if you help some then i hope you don't turn into some internet police. but i will tell you when i find out first ok. but at te same time i'm not in the usa at this time i work overseas so if it is stolen what do i do to get it to work but ask you guys for help again
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:11:51 PM by feelthelove »

GX1_Man

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 09:14:51 PM »
It's not that we're the police, but we don't care to help criminals. (Now I'm not saying that you are one, but it did go from "it was a gift" -an expensive alienware at that -to "what if it's stolen?")  ;)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 03:41:56 PM »
Agreed. If it's not your system then why should be help you? It's different if it's a loaner, but if it was stolen, then that sours us on the whole thing. Same with pirated software. Unless someone doesn't catch on, usually you won't find help here.

Flame