Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVDs won't play  (Read 1987 times)

unclejohnny

DVDs won't play
« on: March 09, 2006, 05:19:52 PM »
I keep getting the error message "Can't play copyright protected DVDs with TV out function enabled", but the weird thing is, NONE of my graphics adapters have a TV out port.  I have a Cirrus Logic 5446 Compatible Graphics Adapter PCI128 and a disabled Cirrus Logic 5465 built-in graphics adapter, none of which has any way of connecting a tv to them, or any recording device, unless my sound card has that capability.  Sound card is Creative Labs CT4740 with MIDI/Gameport that has joystick attached.  Please help me as this is the only way I can watch movies.

Sylent

Re: DVDs won't play
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 05:31:35 PM »
i had a problem similar to this earlier today...i downloaded a Codec, which is a program that unscrambles the digital data so it can be read, and now it works fine. Download this codec  at  http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Video_and_Animation_Tools/Codec_Pack__Standard__Download.html

and it should work.....its complicated though because it makes you put in your email, then it will send you a confirmation asking if you want to download it, then when you do it will send a thank you, then another email with the mirror to download it. so just keep refreshing your inbox, oh and no worries its free!  ;)

Sylent

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »
nvm im an idiot and didnt read, just click "Download Now" at the top of the screen.....lol sorry about that

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 07:18:26 AM »
Probably the best codec pack that's freely available and clean is [highlight]The-Codecs[/highlight] from Theorica.