Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Slow after removing Trojans  (Read 3191 times)

tatsall

Slow after removing Trojans
« on: March 10, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »
My computer was recently attacked by Trojans.  I seem to have removed them all, but my computer is working slower.  Browsers are VERY slow to load--most frustrating.   Can you tell me what causes this and how to fix it?   I noticed there was a post in this forum back in November, but there was no posted response.

I have cleared all temp files, run disk cleanup and disk defrag.

Backdated

Re: Slow after removing Trojans
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »
Carry out the procedures listed [highlight]here[/highlight] and post a Hijackthis logfile here when done.

tatsall

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »
My computer is not allowing me to download the Active X controls needed to run Panda ActiveScan and Trend Housecall seems to be stuck at "opening Trend Micro HouseCall".  Are there some internal selections I can change to get my system to accept the Active X controls?  I'm using DSL through SBCYahoo.

Here is the error message I got with the Panda download:  

An error has occurred downloading Panda ActiveScan. Please repeat the process. If the error occurs again, restart your system and try again
Possible causes of this error are:

Not allowing the application's ActiveX control to be downloaded.

Problems with the Internet connection.

The error could be due to a download error or an installation error due to lack of hard disk space, privileges etc.,...

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
I believe Trend has a Java option. Try that and if it doesn't work, skip the virus checks but carry out the rest of the tests.

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 02:31:44 PM »
try going into safe mode and running the antispyware and antivirus programs from there