Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Background color missing  (Read 2296 times)

cborman

Background color missing
« on: March 11, 2006, 05:13:24 PM »
At first this problem was just in IE and now it's in Firefox. The color of the pages is missing. Backgrounds are white (or clear)  and drop down boxes are transparent, with just the letters showing. The background letters of the page can be seen in the background. Any ideas?  :-?

GX1_Man

Re: Background color missing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »
Have you made any changes? What preceded this? What operating system? Let's make sure the system is clean first:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1134123580
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 06:00:01 PM by GX1_Man »

cborman

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:55:53 AM »
My OS is XP. I can't remember what changes I made before it happened in IE. For the Firefox, I think I was notified that there was an up grade, so I did that. It said  there wasn't a new version of Roboform which would work, so now that is disabled. I sweep daily with SpySweeper and use Norton Anti-Virus auto protect

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:00:43 AM »
System Restore?

cborman

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 10:04:39 AM »
I did that after it happened to IE and it said there were no changes.

Backdated

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »
To use System Restore, you have to select a date before the problems occurred. If System Restore shows no restore points then it's either disabled or you have an infection.

cborman

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 02:14:52 PM »
I ran a complete virus scan and didn't come up with anything. How would I "enable" the System Restore?

Backdated

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »
It should already be enabled by default.
Enter %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe in the Start>Run box and follow the prompts.