Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no input signal or cable disconnected  (Read 7054 times)

chudney

no input signal or cable disconnected
« on: March 13, 2006, 08:14:09 AM »
i have a simple problem but it is still doesn't work i did all the troublshooting guide in signals but still not working.....

this is usually a monitor or video card problem but still producing the error "no signal input or cable disconnected" and it autoshutdown.

i already execute the proper solution for this problem but still producing the error....
i test the monitor to other com. and work....
i also test the video card in the working com. and it work...

what can i do????? is there a problem in the motherboard itself or any other components
please help me.........

IT-Guy

Re: no input signal or cable disconnected
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 08:27:46 AM »
OK.. First, please try not to be so short and brief about your issue.  From what you said, it sounds like you have a monitor that displays the "No Signal" message and you have tried the monitor on another pc and it works fine... Is that correct?  But I don't understand what you mean by Auto-shutdown?  Ignoring that, I would say to make sure your monitor is plugged into the motherboard VGA instead of your installed card.. Goto the BIOS and disable onboard video.. then plug it into the card.

chudney

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 08:36:33 AM »
this is the problem i open the computer and says no signal right...... where is the problem is it is in the video card or in the monitor itself right but i did all the solution in "no signal input troubleshooting" and still not work.......

i did the trial and error procedure
i test the video card in other computer and work "inno3d"

and the other problem is when the computer display the error on the monitor the computer shutdown in about 15 seconds.........

the casing is ATX

is there a problem on motherboard or what????

chudney

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 08:40:14 AM »
the problem is i cannot enter the bios because of the error.....

where is the problem????

alienwarewannabe

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »
this sounds very similar to what is happening to me rite now...except i dont get the connection thing i jus get a moniter that goes into sleep after the xp boot screen im still working on it...i know its a hard drive thing cause i hooked up another hard drive and it worked fine....no one on here seems to know what is up wit it tho....

chudney

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 08:49:39 AM »
onething i did is the trial and error

i have a working one and the not working one

i remove all the hardware components except the memory, video card and souond card......

and still not working.... but im sure the monitor is working properly and the videocard because i test it in the working computer.....

one thing when the error displayed in the monitor the CPU is cutting out of power...... and i try to unplug again and boot the computer again and still the problem occur.....

is there a problem in the motherboard?????? help me do i need to replace it or what???

IT-Guy

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 08:52:47 AM »
What type of motherboard do you have?  What is the exact model number and make?  And what video card did you place in the PC?

alienwarewannabe

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 08:55:52 AM »
yea i really dont know...maybe maybe not...im gonna find out more later....as soon as i can get the pc to my own residence ill have more room to work on it and find out whats wrong with it....once i find out ill throw up a post and let u know

chudney

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 08:58:22 AM »
ASUS.... video card is inno3d

i stock this computer in about to years!!!!!!!!

chudney

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 09:04:02 AM »
i stock the computer for about two years

and now that error came......

what would be the problem i did all my ideas and techniques but still nothing happen!!!!!!!