Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: trend micro antivirus issues  (Read 4124 times)

silentboarder151

trend micro antivirus issues
« on: March 12, 2006, 04:33:20 PM »
today i bought and installed trend micro PC-cillin antivirus.  shortly thereafter my computer got really bogged down and everything took a really really really long time to respond.  i pulled up the process manager and it showed 100% of the processor being used.  it kept using 100% for a few minutes.  i even had to do a forced shutdown because nothing was doing anything.  then i ran safe mode and tried to uninstall but i couldnt because i was in safe mode.  i ran autoruns and deleted the registry keys for running the program on startup.  then i started normal and everything ran fine except i still cant uninstall.  it says "it says this action is only valid for products that are surrently installed."  i am running xp with a p4 2.66ghz and 768mb ram.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: trend micro antivirus issues
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 10:37:06 AM »
Are you using Windows XP? Try doing a system resatoration to a time before you installed the software.

Flame

IT-Guy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 12:00:59 PM »
Yep.. a lot of Anti-virus programs want to lock down your hard drive for safe keeping... And if you have more than one Anti-virus program installed they will tend to fight with each other until you disable one of them.  But now that you've gotten it disabled at startup you might try the disc again to see if it will uninstall for you.  If not, try running ccleaner... it's been mentioned several times in other posts.

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »
What process was using the processor slices?

silentboarder151

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:37:11 PM »
thanks guys but i got it.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 05:53:06 AM »
How did you fix the issue?

Flame

JLNTexas

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 04:10:31 PM »
I also recommend B Safe Online - it's a great antivirus/firewall program, and it doesn't bog down your system either.
http://bsafehome.com/

I don't recommend Pc-chiin, Norton, or Mcafee, for Antivirus issues, but I do recommend B Safe.