Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GDI Plus problems with Sonic MyDVD v6.1.0  (Read 3883 times)

GPS

GDI Plus problems with Sonic MyDVD v6.1.0
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:08:34 PM »
Several weeks ago, when I would try to burn a DVD from a file, and when building, an error message would display "MyDVD- Operating System Error: GDI+.
I contacted Sonic and they don't seem know what is going on. I am running Windows XP Home, 1.2gb RAM, and ALL of my Windows updates are up to date. The MyDVD updates are up to date also. I would sure like to get this resolved since Sonic is of no use. I will try to attach the error message and the GDI+ dll files I have in my computer, if that would help. Thanks, GPS

GX1_Man

Re: GDI Plus problems with Sonic MyDVD v6.1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:10:13 PM »

GPS

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 07:16:58 PM »
I  ran Spybot, Ad-Aware, and Microsoft Anti Spyware, a registry cleaner, and Norton Anti-Virus, which are all up to date. This was done with system restore off. Nothing was found. In the Safe Mode, the anti-virus wouldn’t open, so I couldn’t run it in that mode.
I am not sure if the GDI+ problem is in MyDVD or in the Windows system. I would suspect that since the error box says MyDVD, that it would be in the MyDVD software. With the dll files listed, I thought that maybe someone would notice something not right with what is listed. I am not a dll geek, so I would not know. What do I do from here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, GPS :-(

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »
Search these forums for "sonic". This problem was recently solved for someone iirc.

IT-Guy

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 08:15:45 AM »
It appears you're not the only one.  http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/14589p1.html

See this: LINK
Apparently the gdiplus.dll file is used by Windows and other applications to manipulate 2D graphics, specifically JPEG images and can also affect the security of your operating system.

It seems certain versions of Windows XP, Service Pack 2 and select Sony/Sonic components have faulty and unsafe versions of the gdiplus.dll file…..which is found on your C drive/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/INK. The faulty version is 5.1.3102.1316.

Upon further investigating I found the following Microsoft links:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6A63AB9C-DF12-4D41-933C-BE590FEAA05A&displaylang=en

http://cs.sonic.com/scripts/texcel/swise/ksearch.dll?DisplayDetail?12&0&0&1&12&2947&12&GDIPlus%20

I downloaded the patch for the non-faulty gdiplus.dll file from Microsoft (Security Update KB886179/Windows Journal Viewer.....you do not need to remove the earlier version of Window Journal Viewer).

And WAH-LAH ;) ……the burn did not hang-up!!YIPPEE!!! Big Smiles!!:D

GPS

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »
GX1_Man, Backdated, and IT-Guy,
I did the update the other day from Sonic, and it didn’t do any good. I don’t have an “INK” folder in Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared, and I wouldn’t know a good dll from a bad one (and apparently Sonic doesn’t know either). I checked out the links and there certainly are many others with the same problem. After running the M$ GDI+ detection tool, a box popped up and after clicking on “YES”, it took me to the M$ website. It appears that I have no programs on the list that need updating. Maybe the box pops up regardless. The computer has Windows XP Home SP2, and had SP2 since it came out. I would sure like to get this resolved before I dump it and go to Nero. Thanks for your help so far.

Backdated

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 06:31:08 PM »
Nero is a far better application all round although I'm not enamoured with version 7. Because version 7 is out though, you may now be able to get good deals on version 6.xxxx retail packs. A few online retailers were bundling OEM Nero versions with peripherals such as mice etc so you basically got Nero for a fiver with a free mouse to boot! Misco springs to mind but I don't know if these deals are still valid.

GPS

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 04:44:58 PM »
I decided to purchase Nero, installed it today, and IT IS GREAT!!! No problems. Sonic software is nothing more than trashcan filler. I just wish I could get my money back from them. What they are doing is STEALING.