Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: moniter problems?  (Read 2517 times)

alienwarewannabe

moniter problems?
« on: March 12, 2006, 10:53:35 PM »
well im new to this forum and i found it in my search to find out what is wrong wit my pc/moniter. seein as how my pc/moniter is messed up im on my friends pc postin this...now on to my problem. well my pc and moniter boot up fine and then it gets past the xp loading screen and the moniter goes into sleep mode...what could my problem be?

GuruGary

Adviser
    Re: moniter problems?
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 11:09:51 PM »
    Windows is probably switching to a video mode that is not supported by your monitor.  Can you get into Safe Mode?

alienwarewannabe

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 11:15:50 PM »
    no cant really do ne thing but get into my set up from the first boot up screen...after that it jus kinda does its own thing and yea cant really do ne thing...i took my pc from my house where it was runnin fine then i took the pc to my friends house and it started this BS....its been running great till it got here...

alienwarewannabe

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 07:56:30 AM »
    or no one could answer me...but hey thats cool....

IT-Guy

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 01:28:35 PM »
    Your kidding right?  You have the answer.  You need to hit F8 at boot, go into VGA mode and re-adjust your resolution back to 800 x 600... then reboot and it should be fine.

alienwarewannabe

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 01:05:26 AM »
    no it was f5 and i had to rebot in safe mode and then do a system restore...dont know why cause i didnt change ne thing between the day it messed up and the day i restored to but oh well...its all good now.....