Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All my desktop files have disappaerred  (Read 6796 times)

Jeronimo_Mc_Kinsley

Intermediate
  • Computerfreaks RULE !!!
    Re: All my desktop files have disappaerred
    « Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 05:56:58 AM »
    A *censored* WINDOWS PISSES ME OFF ! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I WRITE THIS POST ! >:( So:

This could be a solution:
     Check the directory C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Desktop\... and c if the files u r, looking 4 r in there. I they r then stupid Windows moved ur System Folder: "Desktop", to another location :exclamation . To undo this use Tweak XP (I think and Tweak UI and Co. would also do it ;)) and change the system Folder : "Desktop" back 2 C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Desktop\... .

I hope this helps, cause' my friend also had the same problem, but he reinstalled Windows before I had a solution 2 the problem.  :-\
    /me
    Don't smoke!

bobqazwsx

Re: All my desktop files have disappaerred
    « Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »
    When I first had this problem going to my desktop through my computer, C:, documents and settings, user name, desktop. Nothing was there, I did this before running system restore. After I did the system restore I got the same thing as on the direct desktop i had folders but no files inside them.
    Someone else suggested I use Tweak UI but they weren't sure if it would work because I went staight to system restore.  Where can I get Tweak UI and how do I run it?

(What the *censored* did I do!!!!!!!!)