Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP defrag = disappeared email text box...  (Read 2113 times)

Victoria3

XP defrag = disappeared email text box...
« on: March 14, 2006, 10:15:10 PM »
I'm running XP.   After defragmenting files, my Yahoo email text box disappeared.  The address bar and subject bar are still there, but the text box is lost.  How do I get it back?  I am not a techie, and I need help.  Thanks,         Victoria   :-?

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    Re: XP defrag = disappeared email text box...
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 12:01:30 AM »
    Victoria, have you stopped your computer and started again after defragmenting files? (It is not needed every time you defrag your computer, but in some occasions)
    Computers tend to behave abnormally for no known reason to us... And a restart ussually solves the problem. If it doesn't work, tell us more.
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:02:21 AM by viking »

Victoria3

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 12:46:19 AM »
    Hi Viking,  Yes, I restarted my computer a couple of times already.  No luck.  Thanks,      V  :'(

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      « Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:07:09 AM »
      Victoria, please take a screenshot of your yahoo e-mail = open yahoo mail, press the key Print Scrn, then open the Paint program,  go to Edit menu, choose Paste from there, then go to File menu, choose Save As, choose jpg, give it an easy name (like MailProblem), save it to desktop or My Documents and post it here -- see the attach on the buttom, you'll have to use the Browse button.
      If you do that, do not open personal data, because you will present it to us - with the above method you will take a "picture" of your screen. Just be sure that there are no other programs started (like a word document, some important pictures or other documents) on your screen.

Victoria3

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »
      Dear Viking,
           Thank you so much for all your help.  Actually, I broke down after 18 hours of trying to deal with my problem, and purchased an online Spyware Remover.  I finally went to sleep, and this morning my email text box is back - and some other minor little "tics" are gone as well.  YES!  Thanks again.
                                                       Victoria    :)

Backdated

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 03:17:29 PM »
      There is no need to purchase malware removal tools. In fact, the vast majority of these tools are useless or infected themselves. Does your purchase appear [highlight]here[/highlight] at all?