Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't send HTML email message from mail merge  (Read 6523 times)

thetwinkster

Can't send HTML email message from mail merge
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:42:56 PM »
I have a document that I'm trying to email through Mail Merge.  If I send it to my email recipients in "Plain Text" which is one of the options, it looses all the background colouring and formatting.  If I send it in "HTML" it doesn't send or go anywhere.  I don't know if sending it in "HTML" format will keep all the formatting or not.  Does anybody have any ideas how I can either get all the formatting to go through on the email, or how to send the HTML format.
Thanks for your help.

pcdoc4christ

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 07:35:01 PM by pcdoc4christ »

thetwinkster

Re: Can't send HTML email message from mail merge
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 04:36:41 PM »
Sorry, I went through it all - I'm doing everything right.  There's no explaination why it wouldn't work by sending it HTML.  Any other suggestions?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 04:46:15 PM »
Janie:

Do you receive any errors when you try to send the HTML mail merge?  Are you able to successfully send just one HTML e-mail?  What version of Micorsoft Outlook or Outlook Express are you using?  What version of Windows is installed on the compuer?

Doc
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 04:46:55 PM by pcdoc4christ »

thetwinkster

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 10:27:36 AM »
OS Name: Windows XP home edition
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Office 10 Applications:
Microsoft Word : 2002
Microsoft Outlook : 2002

I don't get any error messages when I send.  The hourglass displays (like it's doing something) then disappears.  That's it.  I've tried sending only one and that doesn't work either.

One other poster "on a different forum header" suggested that most people would not be able to view HTML messages anyway?  Is this true?

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 03:49:05 PM »
    Reading emails in plain text is recommended for security reasons.
    If I remember correctly from one of your many threads, this is to let customers know of your website?
    Business people don't need emails with flowers, trust me. :)