Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Exporting my address book from outlook  (Read 2734 times)

thetwinkster

Exporting my address book from outlook
« on: March 16, 2006, 03:25:20 PM »
I don't have any trouble importing an address book into outlook express with a csv. file.
I've been using my laptop (as an extra computer for data entry) and have been entering email addresses & information.  I want to import it back to my primary computer.
When I try to export the address book using csv. it just says there's an error but doesn't tell me what it is?  It doesn't matter what fields I choose to export I still get this error.  Any ideas?

pcdoc4christ

Re: Exporting my address book from outlook
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:30:39 PM »

thetwinkster

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:57:15 AM »
Thanks a bunch Doc!  I'll grab a pot of coffee & spend some TIME pouring over these links.  No seriously, at least I have a place to start looking - thanks.

SunflowerNetwork

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 11:37:17 AM »
hi Janie --

I assume that you are exporting & importing from the same version of Outlook?
Try exporting it in another format -- NOT CSV -- for example, I am using Outlook 2003, and I can choose to export & import from a variety of formats -- Excel, PST, Tab-separated, etc.

Try this & let us know.  If you want instant help, visit my website below, and one of the Sunflower agents can walk you through this.  Note that Sunflower Network is a paid service.

thanks
AJ  
Sunflower Network
Friendly help for your computer problems. Instantly.
www.sunflowernetwork.com

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 11:42:41 AM »
Personally I would do everything in my power to get rid of the Outlook Express menace.  Try Thunderbird.  That can import your existing OE address book, and could solve all your problems, and leave you with a much better email program.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

thetwinkster

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:10:29 PM »
Don't know what I did, but I played around with outlook and some things this morning and now it works!  The luck of the irish perhaps?
Thanks for the help and suggestions!

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »
Janie:

Glad we could help, and thanks for letting us know how it turned out!

Blessings to you,
Doc