Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mouse click selection not working  (Read 2989 times)

realrox

mouse click selection not working
« on: March 18, 2006, 10:08:13 AM »
while rebuilding my computer (athlon 64 3200+, win xp sp2, 1024mb ram) and and adding everything back in, i find that in several areas the mouse (keymouse md) doesn't seem to be doing the right things.  i have the last available drivers, i have tweaked all the available settings in tweakui & the mouse panel, explorer & ie.  there doesn't seem to be any support from the manufacturer or windows. here's the story.
these are symtoms of the behavior i'm talking about:
1) i didn't like the latest downloadable version of AIM, so i went to older versions & got 5.9.3861.  when i click or double click (my default mouse setting is single click), i can't open a messenger window. i have to actually right click & select
2) in one of my most used programs, wordperfect 11, i can't click & select a whole column in a table. i have to actually drag to select it.
i haven't really had problems anywhere else, (although i seem to remember instances where a click should bring up a context menu, but doesn't) but these are very noticeable, since i use them all the time.

Backdated

Re: mouse click selection not working
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 11:54:53 AM »
Try a normal PS2 mouse and see if that works. If not, it may well be TweakUI that's causing your problems - It wouldn't be the first time! ;)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:57:26 AM »
Have you made any changes to your system recently? When did this start? Which operating system are you using?

Flame

realrox

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 12:03:10 PM »
it is a ps2 mouse, i have always used it, even before rebulding my system, using winxp sp2 and it was happenig before i installed tweakui

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »
    A little history?
    Why the rebuild?
    Is this a fresh OS install?
    Have you removed the mouse drivers, rebooted & let XP detect & install?

realrox

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 09:06:49 PM »
    been there done that.  i had a major crash, i decided that since i had to start from scratch, i would do a hardware upgrade at this point, too. so yes it's a clean install. when i saw that i had a problem, i did uninstall mouse driver, reboot & start again.

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 11:20:18 PM »
      Is everything showing up OK in your Device Manager & DXdiag?

realrox

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 06:24:09 AM »
      everything shows up fine. i have no conflicts. and it seems to be working fine for other things. it was just those 2 annoyances. i wonder if it's the version of AIM that i downloaded? it might have been a beta, even tho it's the last before triton beta.