Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: transfering files  (Read 3152 times)

sparky0277

transfering files
« on: August 19, 2004, 03:38:50 PM »
HI! I need a little advise if someone could help me. I got a new comp with a new harddrive and all that good stuff. I figured out how to install my old comps hard drive so that I can transfer the music and some old files from it to the new hard drive. My question is, what is the best method/way to move the files, such as music, to the new hard drive?? Doing them one at a time would be very time consuming and i dont see a obvious way to do it. MY operating system is win xp home on both drives, and i did try transfer wizard, but from what i could tell that was for xfering from one comp to the other and not from 2 HD's in same system. Thanks in advance for any tips you can give.

merlin_2

Re: transfering files
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 06:09:53 PM »
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q306186 did you mean this ....the faster way is to have your old drive as a slave and just drag what you  require  to the other drive...folder...etc...

sparky0277

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 06:28:41 PM »
ive figured out what i wanted to do and got it done, thanks for your response

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 06:54:08 PM »
good luck to you...and of course you will not find a better bunch of people  than on here...and come back if you need any help someone will help you there is allways(hope)