Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help monitor probs!!  (Read 3044 times)

freebird0670

Please help monitor probs!!
« on: March 21, 2006, 04:33:28 PM »
Having major probs was installing a graphics card and accidently shut off monitor plug and play! And i cant get back in to enable it with a black screen it runs windows program then monitor is black how can i turn it back on? :-?

pcdoc4christ

Re: Please help monitor probs!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 05:47:45 PM »
Freebird:

How do you know you "shut off monitor plug and play"?  Are you able to start the computer with you use the old video card?

Doc

freebird0670

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »
Yes i am certain i shut off the plug and play and the old video card does not work i was able to enable the plug and play, but still cant get a display after windows xp boots like it doesnt recognize the monitor. I meant to shut off the video card driver but shut off monitor  :-/ what a pain thank you so much for your quick response earlier

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 02:57:37 AM »
Perhaps the monitor can't cope with the resolution/refresh rate that your graphics card is sending.  Have you tried booting in safe mode?
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Backdated

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 04:01:10 AM »
You can't "shut off" plug 'n' play to a monitor.
Do you mean that you removed the default plug 'n' play monitor? If so, Windows will simply reinstall it on reboot.
Can you boot to Safe Mode OK?

freebird0670

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »
I tried booting it in safe mode no luck. I bought this computer for my wife and it was used .hasbeen working great other than this operator error. It is really weird because it is portioned with windows 98 and windows xp. She was using windows xp and now windows 98 comes up but xp wont,and 98 is locked under previous owners password so cant connect it to internet. I can hear windows xp come up like its working fine but just cant see anything to enable the monitor to work. Maybe if i get a pc to pc cord and try it off my computer? This is a great forum you all are so helpfull tried contacting the video card people and they are not responding at all
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:27:47 AM by freebird0670 »

shoon81

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:43:10 PM »
One thing i can suggest, In your BIOS settings change the master boot device to CD-ROM, Intsert your Windows XP Install CD and boot up. Do a repair installation of windows xp.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:44:09 PM by shoon81 »