Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hardest Question I've Ever Had  (Read 6358 times)

Ein

Hardest Question I've Ever Had
« on: August 21, 2004, 04:30:09 PM »
Okay here is my problem:

I will make it short, and if you have any specific questions about it I'll reply and answer them.

I go to the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC.  They do NOT block any file sharing or P2P ports at all.  I know because I had a couple discussions with their head of network security.  The problem is that this year USC ran out of IPs.  They will be able to fix the problem and give everyone their own physical ip, but NOT until next year or next semester at the earliest.

So for right now, every 16 computers have 1 ip.  16:1.  Wow.  My problem is that this completely ruins my Lineage 2 playing ability.  I can connect to the server, but immediately get disconnected.  I was told by the head of security this is because of the incoming packets being sent by the Lineage 2 servers and since I share an ip with 15 other computers, I get disconnected withing 5 seconds of connecting to the L2 server.

Is there ANY way around this?  Is there anything I can do to give myself my own ip.  The computer people here said no, but I'm hoping someone has an idea or knows a way around that.  Please help, or I've just pissed away $60 on a game and a 3 month subscription.

Raptor

Re: Hardest Question I've Ever Had
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 05:04:48 AM »
I suggest you either go for a refund or you ask Lineage technical support for help.