Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Donald Duck sound alike  (Read 3909 times)

johntea

Donald Duck sound alike
« on: March 25, 2006, 11:39:39 AM »
Hi all - I have been handed-down my 1st PC.  Therefor I'm a green novice at this level of computing.  there is NO makers name anywhere to be found on it.  So it must be a 'kit.'  It uses Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2.  I have not investigated further info.  And the problem I'm having is that all sounds, except CD/DVD origin are Donald Duck sound-alikes.

Any help would be appreciated.  The screens I've 'visited' tell me all relevant devices etc are working correctly.   If Realtek AC97 Audio & MS GS Wavelength SW Synth are relevant.  I gather from other posts in similar topics, that either the sound card/drivers, or M'board could be suspect.

Please help;  thanks in anticipation.

Johntea

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: Donald Duck sound alike
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »
    Let's check out your DxDiag:

Please go to Start, and Run.
    At the prompt, type the phrase "dxdiag" without the quotes and click OK.
    After the window loads, click on the "Sound" tab.
    Take a screenshot of the window (Hit Alt and Print Screen).
    Close dxdiag, and go into Paint (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint)
    Hit Ctrl and V. An image of the dxdiag window should appear.
    Go to File, and Save. Save it as a JPG picture on your desktop, naming it whatever you want.
    Make another post on the forum, and attach the picture (When you type your post, look under the box for a Attach section. Hit Choose, and select the JPG you created.

Wait... ugh! The picture for me is too big. If you get an error while trying to post while attaching to the picture, please open a new window of whatever browser you're using, and use that new window to go to www.imageshack.us. Do the same thing as with attachments, then click Host it!. This site will upload the picture to the net.

After the picture is uploaded, you should see 9 boxes with URLs in them. Highlight the bottom one, and hit Ctrl and C. Then, click on the window with the post. Click this button: . Two boxes with img and /img should appear. Put that bottom URL between the img boxes.

Your post should include a picture of the DxDiag screen. Note that the colors of the picture may look distorted. This is normal; it's a necessary evil when saving in the small-size JPG format.

This is an example: My DxDiag screen. Your attached picture should look similar to this:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 11:59:05 AM by Timothy_Bennett »
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

johntea

Re: Donald Duck sound alike
    « Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »
    Thak you for your promp resonse.  I'll try what you suggest.