Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Remember my password on this computer"  (Read 2512 times)

edgavin42

Topic Starter

Rookie

"Remember my password on this computer"
    « on: March 26, 2006, 06:44:23 PM »
    I have Windows XP home; while changing over from AOL to VerizonDSL I inadvertently answered "yes" to the question "Do you want your password to be remembered on this computer?" I'd rather type in my password each time I need to, but it just pops up as soon as I log in with my user name. Verizon was  unable to help me, so I think it probably is a Windows issue. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: "Remember my password on this computer"
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:05:42 PM »
    This MIGHT be one of those passwords that's stored in the *.pwl files.  Search for them under c:\Windows, or under C:\Documents and Settings.  You can safely delete them.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Fordtruckmaniac

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: "Remember my password on this computer"
    « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:01:35 AM »
    I have Windows XP home; while changing over from AOL to VerizonDSL I inadvertently answered "yes" to the question "Do you want your password to be remembered on this computer?" I'd rather type in my password each time I need to, but it just pops up as soon as I log in with my user name. Verizon was  unable to help me, so I think it probably is a Windows issue. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Open IE page. At the top of the page you will see "Tools", left click it.

Then click , Internet Options/Content/AutoComplete/checkmark the boxes to suit your future needs, then/Clear Passwords/OK
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 10:18:38 PM by Fordtruckmaniac »
     Fordtruckmaniac