Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOWS Explorer Crash.. please help  (Read 2047 times)

Drowzee

WINDOWS Explorer Crash.. please help
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:26:03 PM »
Error Signature:
AppName: explorer.exe       AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180       ModName: jvdw400.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0       Offset: 0003d005

this my friends.. is the error report i get.. what it does.. it does not allow me to open the WINDOWS explorer.. in other words i cannot browse my harddrive go to my desktop or anything of the sort.. however i can run the internet explorer through the run option in the task manager.. as well as many other programs.. i do not have a virus.. although i think it was a virus which caused this problem.. located on : www.thekeys.ws (sry for spam, but i really need help..).. i cannot reinstall windows because the windows cd i have is an older version then the windows i have installed.. which is windows pro SP2 with all updates.. please tell me what to do,.. i desperately need your help here.. thank you..

*~Drowzee~*

Backdated

Re: WINDOWS Explorer Crash.. please help
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »
It's malware, or improperly removed malware. I can't remember which flavour at the moment.
Carry out the procedures listed [highlight]in this post[/highlight] and post a Hijackthis logfile here when done.
If possible, zip the logfile and attach it rather than post it.